Monday, April 5, 2010

Why I won't buy an iPad (and think you shouldn't, either) - Boing Boing

And just to show some balance here's an anti-iPad story

Why I won't buy an iPad (and think you shouldn't, either) - Boing Boing

Actually quite a good piece. I disagree with his analysis of the death of the CD-ROM, really it was the web and the advantages that dynamic information had over static information that killed the CD-ROM.

I also have worries though about Apple's DRM. I do think that the ability to buy a book and then give it to a friend is an important feature that a real book has. Not being able to move books from one platform to another will also probably stop me buying many iBooks. Of course if the iPad is soooooo great that may not bother me.

[Incidentally, Apple haven't even announced a tentative release date for the iPad in NZ yet]


No comments:

Post a Comment