Friday, March 16, 2012

The #Turing Festival Edinburgh

I've been invited to speak at The Turing Festival in Edinburgh, Scotland this August. I have to say I'm quite excited as the event looks like it will be a lot of fun and very interesting. I'm giving a public lecture in Auckland as part of my computer science department's celebrations of Turing's centenary, on Turing and Artificial Intelligence. At the Turing Festival I'll be able to reprise this lecture, which is always good as it will be better the second time.
    Of course The Edinburgh International Festival and the Fringe Festival, which combined are the world's largest cultural festival will be in full swing then, so Edinburgh will be an exciting place to visit. I have family in Edinburgh as well so I'll be able to catch up with them. You can see a summary of last year's Turing Festival in the video below.


Highlights from the Turing Festival 2011 from Interactive Scotland 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, probably our entry may be off topic but anyways, I have been surfing around your blog and it looks very professional.

    It’s obvious you know your topic and you appear fervent about it. I’m developing a fresh blog plus I’m struggling to make it look good,
    as well as offer the best quality content. I have learned much at your web site and also I anticipate alot more articles and will be coming back soon. Thanks you.

    Apartments for Rent in Edinburgh

    ReplyDelete