Friday, July 20, 2012

Competition - Win a special viewing of the new Colossus Gallery

Colossus at TNMOC
Back in February I sponsored a valve on the Colossus computer rebuild at The National Museum of Computing (TNMOC) at Bletchley Park, which I blogged about then. This week I received an invitation to a special viewing of the new Colossus Gallery at TNMOC, but living in Auckland, New Zealand I regrettably can't attend.

    However, the TNMOC has graciously agreed to let me offer this invitation to a lucky reader of my blog. The special viewing will be on an early evening in the first week of September. There will also be an opportunity to see around the rest of TNMOC then and earlier that afternoon.
    To win all you need to do is be the first person to tell me who the designer of the Colossus computer was. Please leave your answer in the comments of this post along with your contact details, these will not appear on this blog.
    You can still sponsor a valve on Colossus, and I highly recommend a visit to TNMOC, and of course Bletchley Park is absolutely fascinating.

5 comments:

  1. I know the answer but since I live in NZ and can't take advantage of the prize, I'm not about to spoil it for your Brtish readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the answer is on page 77 in your book. :}

    But since I am not in UK, I also will not spoil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correct, thanks for not spoiling the competition - I hope you enjoyed my book? If you want to put a review (the good and the bad) on Amazon (if you use it) I'd be grateful.
      - Ian

      Delete
  3. We have a winner!!!!
    [drum roll]

    Ruth Pullen, with the correct answer "Tommy Flowers"

    Ruth you'll be receiving a phone call soon from the TNMOC telling you how you can collect your ticket.

    ReplyDelete